Implementing the guideline of the Party and Government on multilateralizing and diversifying diplomatic relati...
Like some localities in the Mekong delta, Tien Giang has its own potential and strength in human resources, soil condition, ecology, socio-technical infrastructur...
Recently, on March 18th...
Tien Giang implements the agricultural and rural development plan till 2030, following the direction of the Politburo
Recently, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc signed Decision No. 357/QD-TTg on March 10th, 2020, promulgating a plan on implementing the Politburo's Conclusion No. 54-KL/TW on August 7th, 2019 on continuing to implement the Resolution of the 7th plenum of the 10th Party Central Committee on agriculture, farmers and rural areas.
Accordingly, the objective of the Plan is to continue to implement the Resolution according to the Conclusion No. 54-KL/TW on the basis of evaluating the accomplishment of tasks assigned by the Government in its Action Program to implement this Resolution, and Implementation Plan of the Politburo's Conclusion No. 97-KL/TW dated May 15th, 2014 on a number of guidelines and solutions to continue implementing the Resolution. Some new tasks according to the Conclusion No. 54-KL/TW are also assigned to ministries, central government agencies and people's committees of provincial-level in this plan.
According to the plan, there are 10 key tasks assigned to the ministries, central government agencies and people's committees to carry out in the period of 2020-2025 with vision to 2030 as follows:
1. Promoting the popularisation of the Resolution goals; on the basis of its 10-year implementation results, seriously assessing the limitations and their causes and drawing lessons for developing proper popularisation programs and plans and scaling up good guidelines and models for successfully implementing these goals to 2020 and 2025.
2. Speeding up the industrialization and agricultural and rural modernization in conection with agricultural restructuring, building rural areas of new development model and boosting the restructuring of rural economy, in which, it is necessary to review and build agricultural production areas for three product types (national key products; provincial key products; and local specialties according to the model "one commune - one product") and integrate them into national plannings for sector development and national, regional and local socio-economic development master plans; Restructuring local production to maximize the advantages and potential of each region and each locality; Forming a close connection between localities in a region; Improving productivity and quality of agricultural products and ensuring food safety; Managing the production waste to protect the living environment of rural people; Developing high-tech agriculture, clean agriculture and organic agriculture, linked to processing industry, the market and global consumption network; Improving the position and competitiveness of Vietnamese agricultural products in both domestic and international markets.
3. Building rural areas of new development model, which have comprehensive, sustainable growth, improving the material and spiritual life and living environment of rural people; Focusing on raising their incomes, supporting them to get rich, accelerating hunger eradication and poverty reduction, and ensuring social security especially in remote areas and ethnic minority areas; Developing production and raising incomes of people in rural areas in a sustainable manner; Protecting the environment and improving rural landscape.
4. Innovating and developing production forms and perfecting appropriate production relations; of which, the main task is to continue innovating and scaling up suitable and effective production forms with a focus on developing agricultural enterprises; Strengthening agricultural production based on value chain; Developing forms of cooperation and production linked to processing and consumption of agricultural products and global consumption system, in which enterprises play a core role; Effectively implementing mechanisms and policies to encourage corporate investment in agriculture and rural areas.
5. Continuing to invest in upgrading and modernizing agricultural and rural infrastructure; Determining the importance of developing a synchronous rural socio-economic infrastructure in connection with urban development and the entire economy, especially constructions for transport, irrigation, electricity, water, telecommunications, natural disaster prevention and combat and climate change response and rural commercial infrastructure.
6. Strengthening the research and application of high technologies and key technologies of the Industry 4.0 and transfer of science and technology, and improving the human resources quality for agriculture and rural areas; Promoting the research, transfer and application of science and technology in all stages in the value chain of agricultural production; Prioritizing investment in research, selection, creation and spread of new varieties and efficient production processes; Applying biotechnology, digital technology, information technology and telecommunications to agriculture and building rural areas of new development model; Encouraging the application of advanced technologies and key technologies of the Industry 4.0 to the production, preservation and processing of agriculture, forestry and fishery products.
7. Innovating and improving the quality of vocational training for rural labor; Implementing measures to speed up the labor restructuring process to improve the productivity and human resources quality in agriculture in rural areas; Implementing agricultural vocational training programs and projects for rural labor to ensure the social security; Supporting vocational training for a part of agricultural labor to be able to work in the sectors of industry, service and trade and agricultural labor export.
8. Improving climate change adaptation, natural disaster prevention, effective utilization of natural resources and protection of rural environment and ecology; Concretizing the climate change scenario, formulating a relevant response plan and integrating it into local socio-economic development plans by each region and locality; Preparing and implementing disaster prevention plans at all levels; Improving the effectiveness of disaster risk management by applying modern technologies to forecasting, warning about and preventing natural disasters; Developing the adaptation options and being proactive in all situations; Putting into action projects of researching and producing breeds of fishery and livestock and crop varieties that can be resistant to drought and saline intrusion for climate change adaptation.
9. Improving policies and mechanisms and mobilizing diverse resources for agricultural and rural development.; Enhancing the quality of making policies and laws on agriculture and rural areas; Strengthening land policies towards firm management, protection and improvement of use efficiency of agricultural land; Promoting land accumulation on the basis of forming agricultural land use rights market; Protecting farmers' rights.
10. Improving the effectiveness of state management on agriculture and rural development.
In Tien Giang, one of the key provinces in agricultural production in the Mekong Delta with more than 70% of the population living in rural areas, agricultural and rural development, following the directive of the Government, is very important.
Tien Giang has a natural area of 251,061 ha (of which the rural area is 245,136 ha, agricultural production land is 197,291 ha, non-agricultural land is 46,587 ha and unused land is 7,192 ha). The provincial population is about 1.763 million people; of which, rural population is about 1.49 million people; the population density is 703 people/ km2. The total number of households in rural areas is 445,825 households/469,289 households in the whole province; the number of households in agriculture, forestry and fishery is 266,494, accounting for 56.79% of households in the entire province.
In order to carry out this plan under the Politburo's direction, the Provincial People's Committee assigned the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development to be the main proposing agency to implement the activities regarding agricultural development, farmers and rural areas in the province. Accordingly, the Department proposed a number of solutions to implement the strategies for agricultural development, farmers and rural areas in the coming periods as follows:
- Strengthening the Party's leadership, improving the capacity of the state management apparatus; innovating the management methods, boosting administrative reforms, enhancing the effectiveness of state management on agriculture, farmers and rural areas; and promoting the role of Viet Nam Fatherland Front Committees and socio - political organizations and socio - professional organizations.
- Innovating the popularisation forms towards all the party members and government officials and employees about the provincial authorities' viewpoints, objectives, tasks and solutions on agricultural development, farmers and rural areas; Strengthening the dissemination of good practices and models in agriculture, rural areas and the construction of rural areas with new development model, linked to the campaign "All people adopt civilized lifestyles in residential areas, connected to the construction of rural areas with new development model".
- Fostering the comprehensive agricultural restructuring and development towards modernization: Focusing on synchronous and effective implementation of agricultural restructuring solutions; developing large-scale commodity production, following the value chain, linking raw material production with preservation, processing and consumption on the basis of fully using the advantages of products and regions in line with market demands and ensuring food safety; enhancing the application of high technologies to increase the productivity, quality and competitiveness;
- Attracting investment in agriculture and rural areas as well as consolidating and developing cooperative, economic models to ensure efficient and sustainable development; Continuing to invest in agricultural and rural infrastructure; strengthening the capacity of natural disaster prevention, combat and mitigation, response to climate change and protection of ecological environment; Focusing on investing in irrigation, transportation, electricity and markets in key agricultural production areas; Developing projects and programs to support businesses and farmers to apply GAP standards, which focus on products having competitive advantages in each region and adapting to climate change that were identified in the restructuring project.
- Increasing research, transfer and application of science and technology, mainly high technologies and biotechnology in all agricultural production and services; especially encouraging enterprises to participate in research and transfer of science and technology, application of high technologies to create breakthroughs in productivity and quality of crops and livestock and improve the competitiveness and efficiency of the sector; ensuring food safety.
- Strengthening protection measures for brand names of provincial agricultural products and export goods, having advantages; improving their quality, value and competitiveness in domestic and international markets; Strengthening inspection activities to detect and handle hazardous acts, affecting production and business in the agricultural sector.
- Boosting the development of industries, trade and service and rural economic restructuring; Stepping up building rural areas of new development model in connection with urbanization and building civilized and modern rural areas; Improving the quality of human resources for rural areas.
- Being proactive in international integration and cooperation: Proactively implementing solutions to develop the domestic and international market for agricultural products; Promoting cooperations in agriculture and rural areas between the province and foreign partners on the basis of taking advantage of its potential and strengths, giving priority to advanced cooperations or those involving high technologies that the province hasn't gained access to;
- Strengthening economic diplomacy activities to support export activities, investment promotion and corporate development in agriculture.
With the above solutions and tasks, the Party Committee and the authorities of Tien Giang province determine to successfully accomplish the plan goals and the tasks assigned by the Government.
Translated by the Department of Foreign Affairs