The socio-economic situation of Tien Giang province in November of 2020
According to data from provincial departments, branches and People's Committee of districts, towns and cities, the socio-economic development situation of the province in November 2020 continues to develop steadily. Some major targets have been well completed according to the year plan. However, there are still many goals failing to achieve the plan of 2020. The specific results of several key sectors were as follows:
- Agriculture and fishery: The yield of food production in November reached 55 thousand tons, accumulating 800 thousand tons in 11 months, decreasing by 19.6% compared to the same period last year. Up to November 1st, 2020, the total herd of cattle and poultry was as follows: 119.5 thousand cows, decreasing by 0.8%; 263 thousand pigs, decreasing by 28% and 17.6 million poultry, increasing by 14.2%. The total yield of aquatic products in the month reached 24.69 thousand tons, accumulating 291.19 thousand tons after 11 months, decreasing by 5% compared to the same period last year. In terms of building rural areas with new development model the local authorities welcomed more 7 villages in the month, accumulating 114/143 villages being completely built until now, occupying 79.7% of the total number of villages in the whole province.
- Industry: The index of industrial production in
November of 2020 decreased by 6.2% compared to the previous month due to some major industrial industries such as: costumes increased by 24.3%, leather production and related products increased by 15.2%... Totally, the industrial production index in the 11 months of the year increased by 1.4% over the same period.
Industrial zones and clusters (IPs, ICs) are still stable in their running; investors of IPs and ICs continue to complete building technical infrastructure items and land procedures of the projects as well as call on secondary investment. However, there are still strikes, go-slow and illegal collective work suspension, negatively affecting the production and business situation of enterprises. However, the provincial functional departments involved and resolved on time as expected.
- Trade & tourism: Total retail sales of consumer goods and services in the month reached 6,292 billion dongs (~273.56 million USD), increasing by 1.6% compared to the previous month and 18.5% over the same period last year due to being still negatively impacted by the pandemic. The 11-month accumulation was 58,544 billion dongs (~2.54 billion USD), attaining 86.1% of the year plan and increasing by 3.3% compared to the same period last year. The tourist number of the month reached about 47.9 thousand arrivals, increasing by 6% compared to the previous month, but still decreasing by 72.5% over the same period. The 11-month accumulation was 697.2 thousand arrivals, attaining 31.7% of the year plan, decreasing 62.2% over the same period. Of which, there were 98.7 thousand international tourists, attaining 11% of the year plan and decreasing by 83.3% over the same period last year. Revenues from tourism services of all kinds in 11 months reached 10,962 billion dongs (~476.6 million USD), decreasing by 6.9% compared to the same period last year.
- Export-import: Commodity export turnover in the month reached 258 million USD, decreasing by 10.2% over the same period last year, hoarding 2.78 billion USD in 11 months, attaining 79.9% of the year plan, decreasing by 4.7% compared to the same period. The import turnover of the month was 104 million USD, hoarding 1.34 billion USD in 11 months, attaining 66.9% of the year plan, decreasing by 27.6% over the same period last year.
- Budget revenue and expenditure: State budget revenue in the month reached about 1,080 billion dongs (~46.95 million USD), hoarding 9,959.5 billion dongs (~433 million USD) in 11 months, attaining 89.5% of the year estimate and decreasing by 5.3% over the same period last year. Total state budget expenditure in the month was 1,400 billion dongs (~60.86 million USD), hoarding 15,515 billion dongs (~674.56 million USD) in 11 months and attaining 112.7% of the year estimate, increasing by 43.6% over the same period last year. Of which, the expense for development investment was 4,985 billion dongs (~215.56 million USD), attaining 110% of the year estimate and increasing by 47.2% over the same period last year.
- Business development: In the month it is estimated to have more 70 newly-established businesses with their registration capital of 1,200 billion VND (~52.17 million USD); hoarding 702 newly-established entities in 11 months, attaining 108% of the year plan and increasing by 15% over the same period last year; moving up to 6,240 entities in operation in the whole province by the end of November of 2020. The number of newly-established household businesses in the month was 540 units, hoarding 4,800 units in 11 months, increasing by 25% over the year 2019.
- Investment attraction: In the month it attracted 01 new project and 01 project applied for raising the investment capital with the registered capital of 104.5 billion dongs. Accumulated by the end of November 2020, the province attracted 30 projects with a total registered capital of VND 9,970 billion (~433.47 million USD), increased 9 projects and decreased 21.2% of registered capital over the same period.
- Culture and social affairs: Stepping up in November of 2020, the Covid-19 epidemic continues to have complicated variations inside and outside the country. Therefore, the sectors of education, health care, culture - sports, entertainment, employment and job occupation... continue to complete the tasks of the year in the context of both performing their work and preventing pandemic outbreak. The Education and Training Sector continues to carry out the tasks of the 2020-2021 school year. Tien Giang University enrolled 1,540 students in 2020, reaching 97.47% of the plan. The health sector continues to focus on overall and appropriate measures to prevent the inside disease outbreak and outside pandemic to break into the country. Collaborating with other relevant departments and branches it continues to monitor the health status of 186 Vietnamese citizens from Philippines to be isolated in the former Military College from November 19th, 2020. At the same time, it continues to monitor the health of the people as well as civil servants and officials of the province after the infection case in Ho Chi Minh City.
Labor & employment: In the month it provided employment consultancy to 3,304 labors and introduced new jobs to 908 labors. After 11 months as accumulated it provided employment consultancy to 32,702 labors and introduced new jobs to 3,402 labors, of which there were 1,735 workers having stable jobs (There are 265 workers going out of the country for their work including: 217 workers in Japan, 43 workers in Taiwan, 01 labor in Korea and 04 workers in the other countries).
- Foreign affairs: In November, there are no civil servants and officials of the province traveling abroad due to the epidemic situation; there are 07 foreign delegations to come for working with provincial departments and branches, decreasing by 06 delegations over the same period.
Apart from the aforementioned results, the political security, social order and safety continued to be stable and there was not any complicated case to arise in the provincial territory; the activities of scientific research, land management, environmental protection, exploitation of natural resources, justice, inspection, administrative reform, home affairs, telecommunication,... continue to perform their work as planned in the context of continuing to fight the coronavirus pandemic as mentioned above.
Tien Giang province has just past over 11 months of the year 2020 with extreme hardship in the country and the world, particularly in the first months of the year. There is just one month left; with the epidemic situation to be still complex, therefore, the government of all levels, branches, people and businesses must try their best to complete all the tasks as expected to fulfill the goals of socio-economic development of the whole year 2020./.
Translated by the Department of Foreign Affairs